Careers in VoltShare
B2B Sales Executive 1
VoltShare is a London based greenfield tech startup, backed by Bethnal Green Ventures and private investors. We are developing a community Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Network. We’re looking for someone who has fantastic skills on the phone and have perfected the art of the dreaded #coldcalling (we know it's a dying skill these days) and looking to apply to a company with career prospects that are dictated by their own initiative!
Our ideal candidate is someone who is keen to work in a high-growth profitable start up in a multi-billion pound industry, and keen to develop their long term career within business development in the industry. There is an opportunity and very real potential to develop this role into a managerial/strategical role within the company's regional and international business development. There are also opportunities for you to learn extra skills and knowledge with ongoing professional development.
We are not looking for someone to simply make phone calls.
In this role, you will be developing your knowledge in a multi-billion pound industry which will give you the chance to:
- develop your knowledge of EV and EV charger markets in order to better meet the needs of businesses
- work closely with the CEO and Business Development Managers to drive new business
We are offering a competitive salary, depending on experience, from £28,000 per year with the following:
- A generous performance-based bonus/incentive
- 28 days holiday
- Company social/team building events
- Fully remote working
- Semi-flexible hours
- A sought-after opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the most crucial industries of the next 20 years
- Career growth prospects - as a start up, the sky's is almost the limit!
After our second round of investment and the business is growing, we will suitably reward employees according to their performance and employee share options will be considered.
We are looking for a personable sales associate that has fantastic telephone sales skills and the ability to turn a rejection into a positive.
You must have proven work experience as a sales associate or a Sales Account executive (or similar roles), ideally within hospitality, publishing or related industries. If you have experience with outbound sales via telephone cold calling or cold emailing, we encourage you to apply even if you do not have the relevant industry-background.
You should be able to demonstrate in your CV the following attributes we are looking for:
- Use CRM systems such as HubSpot or be able to learn quickly
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Thrives on engaging with prospective clients and is able to develop strategies to reach out to such firms. If you’re well connected with advisory firms and alike then all the better!
- Proactively building customer relationships in addition to maintaining and improving customer satisfaction
- Contact key stakeholders within a range of businesses in a range of different industries
From time to time, as your position in the company develops, we may (but not compulsory) ask you to visit clients around your target region. As such, a full UK driving license is desired but not required.
Education: Certificate of Higher Education (required)
Work authorisation: United Kingdom (we are unable to sponsor anyone without an existing right to work in the U.K.)
We are looking to expand our growing team by bringing two Junior Sales on board. In this role, you will be developing your knowledge in a multi-billion pound industry which will give you the chance to:
- Develop your knowledge of EV and EV Charging markets in order to better meet the needs of businesses
- Work closely with the CEO and Business Development Managers to drive new business
You will be brought on board to grow our sales partners and distribution channels. This will include:
- Cold B2B outreach via cold-call, cold-emails, or social media
- Nurturing prospective leads and winning back lapsed accounts
- Identifying, qualifying new business opportunities from a variety of channels
- Arranging on-site appointments with engineers
- Planning and implementing a business development strategy with the head of sales to build up the pipeline
On a day-to-day basis, you will have a role that involves dealing with outbound sales, including:
- Engaging with prospective businesses to explain our business model and demo our platform.
- Planning and running sales campaigns.
- Liaise with the installation team once sales are made.
- Provide the management team with progress updates, including market feedback around competitive offerings, opportunity needs and generate innovative solutions.